Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design and building simple (non - complex)reusable components of larger process or framework to support analytics products with guidance from experienced peers.
- Design and implement product features in collaboration with business and Technology stakeholders.
- Anticipate, identify and solve issues concerning data management to improve data quality.
- Clean, prepare and optimize data at scale for ingestion and consumption.
- Support the implementation of new data management projects and re-structure of the current data architecture.
- Implement automated workflows and routines using workflow scheduling tools.
- Understand and use continuous integration, test-driven development and production deployment frameworks.
- Participate in design, code, test plans and dataset implementation performed by other data engineers in support of maintaining data engineering standards.
- Analyze and profile data for the purpose of designing scalable solutions.
- Troubleshoot straightforward data issues and perform root cause analysis to proactively resolve product issues.
Experience & Skills Fitment:
- 3+ years’ experience developing Data &Analytic solutions.
- Experience building data lake solutions leveraging one or more of following AWS, EMR, S3, Hive & Spark.
- Experience with relational SQL.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Shell, Python.
- Able to write code which is optimized Nifor performance.
- Experience with source control tools such as GitHub and related dev process.
- Experience with workflow scheduling tools such as Airflow.
- In-depth knowledge of scalable cloud.
- Has a passion for data solutions.
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Strong understanding of solution and technical design.
- Has a strong problem solving and analytical mindset.
- Experience working with Agile Teams.
- Able to influence and communicate effectively, both verbally and written, with team members and business stakeholders.
- Able to quickly pick up new programming languages, technologies, and frameworks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science.
- Kloud9 provides a robust compensation package and a forward-looking opportunity for growth in emerging fields.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Kloud9 is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.